Dr. Roushanak Shafaghi, “Ever since I was a child, I dreamed of becoming a dentist”.
Dr. Roushanak Shafaghi is a dedicated dentist with more than 25 years of experience in general, cosmetic and restorative dentistry including composite fillings, veneers and crowns. She began her education at Azad University in Tehran, Iran, where she graduated a dental school in 1994.
In 2011, she earned her DMD at the University of British Columbia (UBC) and began dental practicing in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
DURING HER UPGRADING IN UBC SHE HAD:
1. Honors in Partial denture module.
2. American student award in oral surgery.
3. Honours in student mentoring.
COURSES SHE TOOK AFTER UPGRADING HER DEGREE IN UBC:
1. Tuckers course Gold Restorations Dr. Tucker.
2. Implant course Mini implant course Dr. Bruno Lamey.
3. Implant course All on four Dr. Mark Kwon.
4. Implant course Esthetic zone Dr. Mark Kwon.
5. Implant course Hands on Dr. Mongalo.
6. Invisalign I.
7. Orthodontics course Dr. Daniel Cheng.
8. Invisalign II.
9. Platelet Rich Fibrin Program for Implant Dentistry with Dr. Mark Kwon.
10. Occlusion for implant Dr. Mark Kwon.
11. Orthodontic education Phase 2 with Dr. Jin Song.
12. Faces and Braces Study Club by Dr. Lawry.
13. Continues study clubs with Dr. Jin Song for orthodontics since 2014.
14. Continues study clubs with Dr. Garcia for orthodontics since 2018.
15. N20/02 Inhalation sedation course.
Dr. Shafaghi splits her time between teaching as a clinical instructor at the UBC, and practicing at the Happy Smile Dental Clinic, where she uses her knowledge and experience to continue to do what she loves most, helping patients. Dr. Shafaghi actively pursue continuing education so that she can provide her patients with the most up-to-date treatments available.
Dr. Shafaghi has wonderful family who have all been a great source of support to her in her career. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family, going to the gym, sculpting, and painting in water colours.